Our Code of Ethics
CODE OF ETHICS
As a professional providing construction and project management services and as a member of Mardena Construction Corp, we agree to conduct ourselves and our business by the following Code of Ethics.
Duty to the Public
- We will be fair, honest, impartial, respectful, and professional, and act in good faith in all my business relationships with our clients and the public, including employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- We will always act in the client’s interests unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
- We will not discriminate in business activities based on race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, or handicap. We will comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning discrimination and fair housing.
- We will be truthful regarding our training, experience, qualifications, and services.
- We will be honest about my licenses and certifications and provide documentation when you request it.
- We will be truthful regarding our bonding and insurance coverage.
- We will accept only assignments and projects for which our skills and licensing are commensurate.
- We will uphold and comply with all governing codes, government and municipal statutes and rules, and professional licensing requirements of the jurisdiction in which we conduct business, especially those related to safety.
- We will not engage in practices that could damage the public, including providing or promoting any building materials, products, or techniques known to us as defective, substandard, or likely to cause harm. If relevant knowledge of the project comes to our attention following contract execution and commencement, I will take all necessary steps to notify all relevant parties and engage in immediate mitigation efforts as appropriate.
- We will always strive to promote high-quality and safe building materials, products, and techniques.
- We will respond quickly and appropriately to all items and artistry covered under warranty.
- We will use generally accepted accounting principles for all my financial transactions and reporting.
- We will not engage in deceptive practices that create an unfair advantage for my company or another party.
- We will compete fairly for projects and contracts and have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, any party to the project, or any transactions to it.
- We will not accept any undisclosed commission, rebate, profit, or other benefit from any party to the project.
- We will not provide any undisclosed commission, rebate, profit, or other benefit to any party to the project, including for purposes of receiving referrals from any party connected to the project.
- We will respect our client’s right to confidentiality about financial and other details whose disclosure to other parties is not required for the advancement and completion of the project without the client’s prior written consent, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- We will negotiate fairly and openly with our clients for reasonable compensation and charge fees and expenses that are reasonable and commensurate with the services and materials to be provided and the responsibilities and risks to be assumed. We will use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and expenses and fees and will adhere to both the letter and the spirit of such a contract.
- We will meet all financial and contractual obligations promptly and responsibly.
- Should conflicts arise, we will seek to have such disputes negotiated, including mediation or arbitration via an impartial third party, before resorting to litigation.
Duty to the Industry
- We will uphold the integrity and dignity of our profession and not engage in any practices that could bring discredit to the construction industry.
- We will seek to make a reasonable profit, but not at the expense of safety or artistry.
- We will uphold the conventions of our profession and will provide our services professionally and skillfully.
- We will comply with all the laws and regulations that govern its practice in our jurisdiction.
- We will strive to engage in professional training and stay up to date with professional development, as well as news, notices, and recalls affecting our industry and clients.
- We will not knowingly violate any law, statute, or regulation in performing our professional services.
- We will not maliciously or recklessly injure or attempt to harm, directly or indirectly, the professional reputation of others.
- We will engage in ethical business practices that prioritize safety and quality.
- We will seek to be a good steward of the environment in all our business and contracting practices.